NMTAP offers instructional training events for groups, designed to increase knowledge, skills, and competencies regarding Assistive Technology.
Such events can be delivered, in-person, via telecommunications, or other distance education methods. Limited individual training is also available.
During and after a training, consumers can:
- Learn about particular features of a device with an in-depth look at how they work
- Hands- On training, which puts the user in the driver’s seat of the device
- Ask necessary questions
- Ask for necessary handouts/instructional manuals
- Feel more confident about operating devices for school, work, or daily life
- Gain a better understating of device before loaning for 30 days
AT Coordinator, Jesse Armijo, providing training on the LiveScribe Smartpen during ATC17