New Mexico SEED Loan Program
NMTAP partners with San Juan Center for Independence (SJCI) and Accion to help New Mexicans with disabilities start or expand their business.
What is the New Mexico SEED Loan Program?
“SEED” stands for “Self Employment for Entrepreneurs with Disabilities”. The name clearly defines that the program is to make loans available to individuals with disabilities regardless of the type of disability, age, income level, or location of residence in the state, to purchase needed equipment and home-based business supplies. SJCI, in collaboration with Accion and NMTAP, provides low interest loans on a case by case basis.
What can NMTAP loans be used for?
- Home office supplies
- Business equipment
- Home office modifications
- Portable buildings
What do I need to do to apply for a loan?
- Complete an Accion Loan Application (Download Accion Application – PDF)
- Complete a NM Seed Loan Application (Download Seed Loan Application – MS Word) and (Download Seed Loan Application Instructions – MS Word)
- Complete a Disclosure Consent Form (Download Seed Disclosure Consent – MS Word)
- Complete a Contact Form (Download Seed Loans Contact Form – MS Word) and you will be asked Submit your last 2 years of Income Taxes and a copy of a valid New Mexico Picture ID.
- Submit the above documents to:
Larry Maestas, NM Seed Loan Project Coordinator
PO Box 6588
Albuquerque, NM 87197
- Accion will review and process your application. If you are declined by the bank for any reason, then the NMTAP Seed Loan committee will review your loan request to consider approving the loan under the loan guarantee program.Note: If you are applying for a loan for self-employment or home-based business, please submit a Business Plan which will increase your success in business and obtaining a loan. (Download Small Business Plan Form – PDF) (Download Small Business Plan Form – MS Word)You may also obtain the necessary documents and information by contacting the SJCI Office at 1-855-891-8295.
How long does it take to get a loan?
Once your application is submitted to Accion, you should hear back within 5 business days. If you apply for the loan guarantee through NMTAP, it may take a few weeks as the Loan Committee meets monthly and reviews loan applications at their monthly meetings.
Online Business Planning Tools
If you have a disability and need to identify a financial assistance program that works for you contact the San Juan Center for Independence toll free 1-877-484-4500 or via their website using the link in the logo here.
Check out SEEDloans Facebook Page
Check out SEEDloans on KRQE News